Design Director & Creative Director
Offering Eighteen years of multidisciplinary design experience and business strategy to help companies discover, create, and execute a unique brand in competitive markets.
Branding & Identity Development
Business Strategy & Operations
Design Team Management
Design Sprint Methodology
Strategy & Concept Development
Product Research and Budgeting
Visual Identity and Style Guides
Brand and Product Launch
Product & Lifestyle Photography
Web & App Design
Video Editing & Motion Graphics
PS, AI, ID, AE, PR, XD
Johnson & Johnson
Wildlife Conservation Society
Design Director & Co-Founder
Nov. 2015 - Present
Tula House is a lifestyle and home decor brand with a focus on plants, education and interior design. Tula House operates from a 1200 sq ft retail space supported by a robust service business and e-commerce website. The business has surpassed $1MM in revenue and remains privately owned.
- Developed the Tula House brand identity and brandbook from concept to launch, including logo, typography, colors, Icons, illustrations, and photography. The result was a distinguishable brand in a rapidly growing and competitive market.
Defined and developed the brand positioning, strategy, and narrative, which quickly gained recognition as the brand to discover unique plants, an educational hub with knowledgeable staff, and an inspirational outlet for home decor and design.
Led the R&D, design, and production of all Tula branded objects and apparel that differentiated Tula House from other plant and design shops and gave customers the opportunity to buy-in to the brand culture.
Built in-house content studio to own and develop original content, marketing campaigns and product launches.
Developed a social media and communication strategy, including creative, collaborations, and customer engagement campaigns.
Developed e-commerce UX and front-end design to replicate the unique offering of the brick-and-mortar store, increasing Tula House revenue by 20%.
Designed, produced and built the brick-and-mortar concept, experience, and fixtures for a high-concept, high-touch point retail store.
Developed and branded a suite of Tula House services and experiential products to diversify the plant shopping experience and increase revenue. E.g. Tulita the Greenhouse Plant Truck, Tula Trade, and Tula Services.
Created and implemented a Tula House branded employee handbook to create a one-of-a-kind shopping experience for customers.
- Managed Tula House staff and team productivity to grow talent, including in-house and contract designers.
Brand Designer & Consultant
Sept. 2021 - Present
Contract designer and consultant offering brand identity and positioning for retail and lifestyle companies.
- Brand Identity; Typography, Colors, Icons, Illustrations, and Photography Guidelines
Brandbook Development and Implementation
Digital Products; Front-End Website and App Design
Environmental and Installation Design: Retail, Pop-up, and Experiential.
- Brand Consultation: Brand Positioning and Strategy
Senior Visual Designer
Feb 2017 – Feb 2019
A pioneering eClinical technology company using mobile app game mechanics to improve retention for clinical trials.
- Led the UI Design of App User Flows, Wireframes, Prototypes, Visual Standards and Guidelines to create an industry-leading gameplay and reward system to achieve the platform’s primary goal—user retention.
Worked collaboratively with team of engineers, project managers and designers to achieve weekly sprints and product deliverables.
Created all Illustrations and game elements; Game Worlds, Avatar Characters, and Prize Icons.
- Assisted in User Research and Gaming Strategy to apply the findings into UI design and game play.
La Salle University
January 2016 – April 2016
Taught a course on Advanced Animation and Web Scripting
- Taught a course on Creative Coding
Associate Creative Director
Jan. 2013-Nov. 2015
New York, NY
An award-winning global public relations consultancy firm.
- Spearheaded communication and marketing campaigns within the Digital and Experiential department to achieve global and internationally recognized marketing campaigns.
Worked collaboratively with Strategists and Project Managers on client pitch strategy and presentations.
Managed team of 6 designers and copywriters, harnessing leadership skills to grow and cultivate talent.
- Clients: Unilever, Samsung, eBay, Wildlife Conservation Society
Interactive Art Director
2007 - 2009
New York, NY
- Led the concept, art direction, production and presentation of websites, rich media banners, and video content for social & environmental nonprofits, corporate NGO partnerships, sustainable destinations and progressive brands.
- Clients included MARS, National Geographic, Scotland, and Johnson & Johnson.
2006 - 2007
- Website concepting and design (web pages and production)
- Rich-media banner design (advertising for movie, music, and television content)
2004 - 2006
- Designed content, including web pages, banners, etc., for the MTV Latin America website.
- Created animations for Motorola wireless downloads.